Friday, January 7, 2011

Tea for Two


Meaning....Round Two.  In my initial blog posts,  (November)  I had described the recent incorporation of tea into my daily beverage choices.  Interested in the antioxidant power different types of tea have to offer, I was hoping to get a boost by substituting a small portion of my daily water consumption with a glass of hot tea.  Unfortunately, soon after my tea craze had begun, I developed a cold....first cold in over a year!  Although the hot tea soothed my sore throat, the lack of energy that came along with the cold symptoms led me to slowly reduce the daily tea consumption I had recently initiated.  Research shows that it takes 30-90 days to form a habit and I had barely gotten through 15 days so my habit was hardly formed. 

It's January now, my cold is long gone but the chill has set in outside so I'm getting ready for round two.  Reminding myself that the benefits of tea could be quite plentiful for my body and my desire to drink tea comes along with my own mini research study of whether tea does in fact lead to a cold (highly unlikely!) or if there are any differences I notice in my energy level, immunity or overall wellness by trying different types of tea.  Europeans drink tea on a daily basis after their meals as well as late-afternoon  Maybe tea will force me to take a little mid afternoon break to rest my body, mind and soul while enjoying a soothing beverage!

Tea Times Ten (My Guidelines for Starting New Habit)
  1. One Cup Tea "nearly" every day.
  2. Plain tea.  No sugar. No flavored creamers.
  3. Stick with High Nutrient Benefit teas:  Black, Green.
  4. Keep Tea Bags in my Desk at Work.
  5. Observe any changes in my mood, energy level, muscle fatigue or immunity.
  6. Avoid Caffeinated Tea.
  7. Try out an afternoon "high tea" vs a tea "high."
  8. Experiment by adding mulled spices to tea.
  9. Relax and Enjoy.
  10. "If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you."
    William Gladstone

No comments:

Post a Comment