Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday Bonanza

Calories In vs Calories Out



This is a tried and true method for weight loss and weight maintenance.  But, when it comes to celebration days or special occasions, it can be difficult to stay in weight-loss mode.  And this is ok! Celebrations are supposed to be joyous and special.  Sometimes we indulge on these special days because they are few and far between.  We only have one birthday per year!  As we age, our birthdays do not seem to carry the luster that they do when we are hit double digits, become an adult or make our way through the 20's.  But, we still deserve to enjoy a birthday treat or two!

Growing up, birthdays consisted of homemade breakfast in bed, birthday cupcakes to take to school, family dinner (all of our favorites of course!) and birthday cake.  We were never concerned with the excessive amount of calories consumed all day long.  Now that I am approaching a new decade, Birthday Calories In vs Birthday Calories Out has a whole new meaning!

I am holding to my birthday traditions this year in a new way while ensuring that my calorie expenditure matches my caloric intake.

Birthday Breakfast:  Saving this for Breakfast at Dinner with my Family this weekend!
Birthday Cupcakes:  Clementines and Dark Chocolate Kisses for Co-Workers and Early Bird Gym Goers
Birthday Dinner: One Taco with Lots of Veggies!  I loveeee Mexican Food.
Birthday Cake:  Shared with Co-Worker's Birthdays

Birthday Caloric Expenditure: Group Ride, Group Power and  a Physical Fitness Test!

Moving into the next decade of my life, I realize the importance of savoring the special tastes of a celebration and I am making more of an effort to burn a few extra calories during the holidays or other annual events.

No comments:

Post a Comment