Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Message - Exercise and Breastfeeding

Exercise and Breastfeeding is a timely Kids Eat Right topic for me as I started back at the gym for a full week of exercise just four short weeks after giving birth.  My daily schedule is centered around breastfeeding my daughter which has made scheduling "gym" time a challenge!  Here are a couple of tips that I have picked up on in my first week back at the gym....
  • Choose loose fitting gym tops - avoid tight sportsbras
  • Breastfeed or Pump before starting a workout
  • Drink extra fluids
  • Pack a healthy snack for after the workout
  • Wear a burpcloth or thin washcloth under the sportsbra or workout bra-top to help avoid leaks

Are you an athlete mom who wants to also breastfeed your baby? Remember that Plenty of Fluids and Extra Calories are essential. Read more Kids Eat Right Tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment