Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Message - Healthy Holidays

The Holidays are here!  Complete with Carols, Christmas Decor, Holiday Greetings and Indulgent Foods!

Did you know that the average Thanksgiving feast complete with appetizers and desserts can run over 4000 calories per person? Whoa!  That is almost three days worth of calories and it is likely that we will pull out those leftovers from the refrigerator before we have been able to burn off three days worth of calories!


When planning your Holiday Meal or piling your plate high at a Holiday Party, ask yourself these questions at your next event: to help keep you on the right track:

  • Do I really need a roll?  I can have this any time of year.
  • Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Potatoes? 
  • Are there enough veggies being served so that I can fill up 1/2 of my plate with vegetables?
  • Should I choose Appetizers or Desserts?
  • What foods can I skip this time?


Here are a few simple Holiday menu changes to help you save more than a few calories this season: Try this!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment